VMware Performance Community
Weiliang_Gong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

loadgen may not have completed cleanly

Hi experts, I tried to run a 4-tile vmmark test. When I tried a short run, everything ending normally. Then, I changed the run time to 10800 and I got loadgen may not have completed cleanly error.and I noticed the STAFproc has stopped working on the client. Hope to get your advice. William

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

Hi William,

Thanks for attaching your results files; yes, everything in the short run looks normal.

It would be even more helpful if you could attach the results from your failing run, so we could find inconsistencies.

Have you previously completed a 10800 second run with 1 or 2 tiles, or was this your first time to do a 10800 second run?

Secondly, did you try a second run after the run with problems? If not, I would recommend rebooting all clients (incl the prime client) and VMs and running 10800 seconds again.

Thanks,

Rebecca

0 Kudos
Weiliang_Gong
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your response. I forgot to update the thread here.

With the help of Joshua Schnee, my problem is resolved.

My prime Client is a physical server. Other clients are VMs on ESXi host. Following Joshua's advice, I  replaced the 64-bit STAF and JAVA on VM clients with the 32-bit STAF and JAVA  and the problem resolved.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

Ah, I'm glad to hear it. Thank you.

Rebecca

0 Kudos