VMware Performance Community
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

ds2webdriver.exe has stopped working

I run the test and i didnt had any issues with ds2webdriver but i add the folder ds2db in vclient0 because it was initially omitted before making any configuration or test. I add it in theprimeclient/client0 but since the ds2webdrive are stopped DS2webC and DS2web B. I tried the solution mentionned in http://communities.vmware.com/thread/324961 about SET DEFAULTSTOPUSING WM_CLOSE but same issues.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

Is this the same "ds2webdriver.exe has stopped working" error that you are seeing?
http://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/1811095-69700/ds2webdriver-error.png

It's strange that you added the folder C:/vclient0/ds2db. On your client0, please delete the folder C:/vclient0, then copy a new vclient0 directory onto client0 from the VMmark kit. Please rerun. The vclient0 folder must contain a folder named ds2db, you should not need to add anything.

BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

Done but i still have the seame problem, dunno whats wrong with ds2webdriver.exe, it has stopped work also Smiley Sad and im stucking on this problem....

0 Kudos
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

From looking at your results file in this thread, I saw that the DS2 database is not configured.

I am guessing that you have used the templates for the DVD Store 2 and Olio VMs, but there are still some configuration steps to complete on the templates.

In the VMmark Benchmarking guide, there is a checklist "DVD Store 2 Database Virtual Machine"; please make sure you have completed all steps on this list, including "Prepare the DVD Store 2 Database".

Thanks,

Rebecca

BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

I followed the guide step by step and already made all the changes mentioned from prebuilt templates.

In addition, I assigned range IP in staf.cfg after remarking an error on trust level (It wasnt mentioned in the guide on the section prebuilt templates).
I assign the hostname from yast2 lan and the domain not from the file HOSTNAME.
But the HOST file in the DS2WebB0 the hostname near the IP only was DS2Web0 and not DS2WebB0 as the others DS2Web VMs, so i updated it althought they say dont change hostname......
The same errors remain and my last runs took a long time, the duration of VMmark Run Tiles f yesterday was 15h!!!!!!
The DS2webB and DS2webC RunError and enter many iteration up to 33 and mailserver0 doesnt generate a wrf file......
There is my result file
0 Kudos
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

I retry to run the test 2day without making any changes, the elapsed time of 2day is 4:36 althought yesterday was 15:34!!!
I will upload here my result of 2day run and the messages obtained during the run of 2day ( result) and of yesterday (result0)
Thanks

0 Kudos