VMware Performance Community
shikaka
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Where's SPECweb_Ecommerce.Unix-PHP.config?

I don't find it after SPECweb2005 v1.2 installed, neither Test.Unix-PHP.config.

Only SPECweb_Ecommerce.config and Test.config in SPECweb2005 folder.

Are they different(with and without Unix-PHP)?Because I cannot get the same result as yours in webserver$n.wrf.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That version is definitely the problem. You need a minimum of 1.10. VMmark 1.1 has been transition to SPECweb 1.20 which is the current release. Please contact SPEC to get the correct version.

james

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
psmith2006
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

When VMmark runs the web workload it creates SPECweb_Ecommerce.config and Test.config based on the parameters in the VMMARK.CONFIG fle. The SPECweb_Ecommerce.Unix-PHP.config and Test.Unix-PHP.config were used a the templates for these two files. Since you didn't include the config files, I looked at the files you did send and it appears that the test ran as expected but that the polling data used for the scoring is missing because the following parameter isn't correctly set in the Test.config file, it should have:

INTERVAL_POLL_VALUES = 1

I'd suggest that you make this change on the prime client and check the tmp directory under vmmark and remove any Test.config* files and try running the test again.

I will note that when SPEC released version 1.20 they had restructured the directories and so there may still be documentation changes to the benchmarking guide to adjust for those changes. All the required files are in the SPECweb distribution somewhere. If you find specific problems with the benchmarking guide please let us know so we can fix them. Thanks

shikaka
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I've tried the parameter INTERVAL_POLL_VALUES = 1 but didn't help.

Still lost raw datas in .wrf.

I've seen another result, it's setting is INTERVAL_POLL_VALUES = 0 and this is default setting in SPECweb_Test.params.

Oops, my SPECweb2005 is v1.02 at OCT 2005 not v1.20.

Is that the problem?

0 Kudos
lroderic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You definitely need SPECweb2005 1.20. I don't know if that's the problem, but it's likely.

Lisa

jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That version is definitely the problem. You need a minimum of 1.10. VMmark 1.1 has been transition to SPECweb 1.20 which is the current release. Please contact SPEC to get the correct version.

james

0 Kudos
mitchc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Any instructions for SPECweb2005 1.30 ? I'm getting

"WebServer Tile0 failed to start/complete: java specweb.jar"

"File C:\vclient0\webserver\SPECweb2005\webserverclient0.out does not exist"

etc..

thank you!

Mitch.

0 Kudos
herge12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Retour Lundi.

0 Kudos
mitchc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SPECweb2005 v1.20 is in the mail from SPEC, will update here if that fixes it.

0 Kudos
psmith2006
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you order SPECweb and get either SPECweb2005 v1.30 or SPECweb2009 - you'll need to exchange it for SPECweb2005 v1.20.

Tell the SPEC office you want to run VMmark so you need the v1.20 version, they'll be happy to get you the right version.

0 Kudos