VMware Performance Community
svenkatraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMmarkRMQmgr Unable to Clear Queues

Hi,

I am seeing the below error in my VMMARK Setup 2.5. I got 4 tile configuration.

Process: VMmarkRMQmgr Clearing Queues and PS Sessions failed to start/complete

I followed another thread with similar error but do not see any resolution. I verified in below points in my setup.

--> C:\VMmark2\tools\VMmark2-RMQmgr.pl is on my prime client

--> Description of the test run is not using any special characters. Results_20140807100057_CDAS-SSDPool-Tiles4-Nodes4-Datastores3-Net-10G-Job002

RMQmgr-out,txt shows the error as "The system cannot find the path specified."

I have another issue also.

Summary of the output gives as below:

Summary ::

Run_Is_NOT_Compliant

Turbo_Setting : 0

Number_of_Workloads_Missing : 0

Number_of_Compliance_Issues (identified by '*') : 5

Issues Found :

Tile0-olio-p0

Tile0-olio-p1

Tile0-olio-p2

Tile1-olio-p0

Tile1-olio-p2

I would like to get some help in this. Thanks in advance.

I am attaching the output log.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lroderic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Suresh, Rebecca and I can't figure out a workaround to make the c:\cygwin64 path work. We'll add clarification to the guide on this.

Meanwhile, please uninstall Cygwin 64-bit, install Cygwin 32-bit into c:\cygwin, then re-run its configuration steps on page 84.

Lisa

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for the post and describing what you have already checked.

1. Have you previously had VMmark runs on which the error "Process: VMmarkRMQmgr Clearing Queues and PS Sessions failed to start/complete" does NOT appear, or does it happen every time?

2. This run appears to be failing due to load issues (i.e. the system simply cannot support this many tiles). Please run again with 1 tile, zip your results folder, and upload it to this thread, please. I will check to see if there are any configuration issues that may be responsible for the VMmarkRMQmgr error you mentioned.

Thanks,

Rebecca

svenkatraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Rebecca,

Thanks for your response.

1. I am seeing the "Process: VMmarkRMQmgr Clearing Queues and PS Sessions failed to start/complete" all the time.Whenever I start the test, I see this error but test will continue.

2. It gives Ohio error with single Tile also. I ran only 2nd tile and seeing the same error.

When I reply to your post, I am not seeing any provision to attach the logs.

- Suresh

0 Kudos
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Suresh,

You've correctly attached your results folder, thank you. Your run looks really good, overall.

1. The error "VMmarkRMQmgr Clearing Queues and PS Sessions failed to start/complete." appeared because VMmark2 was written for 32-bit Cygwin. However, you can still enable 64-bit Cygwin by doing:

Open a Cygwin window.

Run:

mkdir -p C:/cygwin/bin

ln -s C:/cygwin64/bin/perl C:/cygwin/bin/perl

You can check that this has completed correctly by running:

C:/cygwin/bin/perl -version

which should output the perl version.

Now this error should disappear, and your file Score_1_Tile_Test.out will generate automatically as well.

2. Your Olio workload is running fine. In your Score file, Olio has a Ratio of around 1.00.  This means that it is performing normally.

In your file "score_tile_1.txt", you can see the lines:

Warnings Messages::

p2 : Olio0 Failures : 1

This is okay. It is normal to get a small number of Olio failures (less than 100 failures, which is a very small percentage of total operations).

There are a few other things I wanted to bring to your attention.

3. You are running an older version of VMmark 2.5. Please upgrade to VMmark 2.5.2 as it is the only supported version. See the VMmark download page.

4. Your Standby0 VM has an 8GB virtual hard disk. To have a compliant VMmark run (eligible for publication on VMmark.com), we require that the hard disk is 4GB in size. The size of this hard drive affects the performance of the SVMotion workload.

5. In the future, you should power off all VMs that are not under test. So for a 1 tile run, only Tile0 VMs and its client should be powered on.

6. You paired Client1 with tile0 workload VMs (OlioWeb0, Mailserver0, etc.) This is okay. Make sure that each client is a member of the domain of its Mailserver VM. So Client1 must be a member of the Mailserver0 domain (maildomain1.eng.vmmarkabc.com).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Rebecca

svenkatraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Rebecca,

Thanks for your support.

1--> I tired to fix the error "VMmarkRMQmgr Clearing Queues and PS Sessions failed to start/complete with your resolution steps.It did not work for me.

Followed your steps.

administrator@client0 ~$ mkdir -p C:/cygwin/bin/perl

cygwin warning:

MS-DOS style path detected: C:/cygwin

Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/cygwin

CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.

Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

Administrator@client0 ~$ ln -s C:/cygwin64/bin/perl C:/cygwin/bin/perl

Administrator@client0 ~$ C:/cygwin/bin/perl -version

-bash: C:/cygwin/bin/perl: is a directory ---> directory not found.

when I check in below directory it works.

/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/perl/perl -ver

2- >Your Olio workload is running fine. In your Score file, Olio has a Ratio of around 1.00.  This means that it is performing normally.

Above point is still a concern for me. Since single tile gives less errors. when i run for 4 tile I am seeing errors in 2000 or 3000.

3-> I upgraded to vmwark2.5.2 with downloaded patch.

4--> I verified my setup and standby0 VM shows only 4GB disk size. Are you referring to different VM?

5--> I will power off all non running VMs. Since I am not concerned about score till i fix the setup issues, I let it run.

6--> Yes I will take care of it.

Apart from this I am seeing another error now. When I run the TILE1 alone,I am getting "Failed:clientsNotInSync" error. I ran the test for Tile 2 alone and did not find the error. It looks like client1 VM alone is affected. Could you give some insights??? I already verified time is exactly sync between clients, primeclient and vcenter.

Thanks in advance.

Attaching the "Failed:clientsNotInSync" error logs.

Thanks,

Suresh

0 Kudos
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

My apologies, the commands to run will be:

mkdir -p C:/cygwin/bin

ln -s C:/cygwin64/bin/perl C:/cygwin/bin/perl

I have updated my earlier post to reflect this correction.

0 Kudos
svenkatraman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Rebecca,

I followed your last update and started the test. But still seeing the problem.

##################################

Administrator@client0 ~$ mkdir -p C:/cygwin/bin

cygwin warning:

MS-DOS style path detected: C:/cygwin

Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/cygwin

CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.

Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames

Administrator@client0 ~$ ln -s C:/cygwin64/bin/perl C:/cygwin/bin/perl

Administrator@client0 ~$ C:/cygwin/bin/perl -version

This is perl 5, version 14, subversion 4 (v5.14.4) built for cygwin-thread-multi

(with 7 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

Copyright 1987-2013, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the

GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

Complete documentation for Perl, including FAQ lists, should be found on

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the

Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

Apart from that "Failed:clientsNotInSync" error" too. Attached the logs which will show both error.

"Failed:clientsNotInSync" error i started observing after upgrading the vmmark to 2.5.2. Is it related anywhere??

Please provide your suggestion.

Thanks,

Suresh

0 Kudos
lroderic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Suresh, Rebecca and I can't figure out a workaround to make the c:\cygwin64 path work. We'll add clarification to the guide on this.

Meanwhile, please uninstall Cygwin 64-bit, install Cygwin 32-bit into c:\cygwin, then re-run its configuration steps on page 84.

Lisa

mysticknight
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I should say if the document for VMmark 2.5.2 was changed to reflect just 3 software install versions below.. it would have saved me a lot of trouble made my vmmark setup install very smooth.. luckily this thread pretty much solved the issues..

I would like to say though that uninstalling cygwin64 and installing cygwin32 bit was a pain.. took a long time..

Powershell version 2.0 needs to be used

VSphere Power CLI 5.8  needs to be used

cygwin has to be 32bit version otherwise the rabbitmq server complains of not able to clear rmq queues

0 Kudos