VMware Performance Community
Pavel2337
Contributor
Contributor

VMmark: Trust level 5 required forthe PROCESS service's START request

I have switched deployment from DHCP to static and now I'm getting this message when running test:

pastedImage_0.png

Results folder attached.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dmorse
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Pavel,

The next line summarizes the main problem -- the prime client can't get guest information from any VM except itself:

20200308-22:52:14 Info  Guest Info failures for the following machines: 20 machines : Client0 Standby0 DS3WebA0 DS3WebB0 DS3WebC0 DS3DB0 AuctionLB0 AuctionWebA0 AuctionWebB0 AuctionAppA0 AuctionAppB0 AuctionDB0 AuctionMSQ0 AuctionNoSQL0 ElasticLB0 ElasticWebA0 ElasticWebB0 ElasticAppA0 ElasticAppB0ElasticDB0   Error Messages Client0= :Standby0= :DS3WebA0= :DS3WebB0= :DS3WebC0= DS3DB0= :AuctionLB0= :AuctionWebA0= :AuctionWebB0= :AuctionAppA0= :AuctionAppB0= :AuctionDB0= :AuctionMSQ0= :AuctionNoSQL0= :ElasticLB0=:ElasticWebA0= :ElasticWebB0= :ElasticAppA0= :ElasticAppB0= :ElasticDB0= :

The lack of any error messages from the VMs tells me something went wrong during the provisioning process.

Can you delete all of your tile0 VMs (you can keep your prime client VM) and re-provision tile0 completely?

However, before you do, here are a couple of additional issues:

1. I noticed this in your log file:

20200308-22:48:38 Info  Configuration : vCServerVMmark3Cluster:'Cluster1'

20200308-22:48:38 Info  Configuration : vCServerClientCluster:'Cluster1'

The client cluster should be different than the server cluster (i.e. a different set of hosts), to physically segregate the clients from the servers.

2. The prime client is set to a public IP address, not the private/benchmark IP address:

20200308-22:48:38 Info  Configuration : PrimeClient:'10.75.243.155'

From looking at your primeclient hosts file, you should change this line in your VMmark3.properties:

PrimeClient = 10.75.243.155

to

PrimeClient = 192.168.1.251

As I said, you'll need to re-deploy all the tile0 VMs so their /etc/hosts file are correct and the GuestInfo commands don't fail.

0 Kudos
Pavel2337
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, Mark.

Yes, I was able to track down PrimeClient settings mistake in VMmark3.properties file along with all VM's hosts file entries for Prime Client. After manually correcting those issues, I started getting

Error: machName = Client0: Invalid Trust Level (3)

So at that point I cleaned all VMs except PrimeClient and re-deploying at the moment.

As of having Client0 on different cluster, unfortunately I don't have additional set of ESXi host/hosts to get Client0 to its own cluster. So my question is - will it work with Client0 on the same cluster assuming I don't care about results compliance at the moment? I just want to get it running. Unfortunately it's been kind of big pain in back just to get it going.

0 Kudos
dmorse
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, it will probably work with having clients on the same cluster as the workload VMs.

0 Kudos