VMware Performance Community
san23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMMark Domain Configuration

Hello,

I am having some confusion about the domain configuration that has to be setup in the vmmark.

The first domain i created is yourcompany.com, which means that the domain name of the client and mailserver will be as such "client0.yourcompany.com" and "mailserver0.yourcompany.com". The mailserver itself is acting as an AD (mailserver0). As per the procedure following the implementation of vmmark, the step to setup an domain controller has to be repeated for each mailserver which will be installed. Does that mean that i shall create a new domain (for example yourcompany2.com) for mailserver1 and join all the servers and client from the second tile to the new domain (like mailserver1.yourcompany2.com)?

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

San23

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lroderic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You definitely have to add each client to each domain so that LoadSim works. client0 eventually becomes client0.mailserver0.yourcompany.com.

You don't need to add standby and javaserver to the domain. They can stay in WORKGROUP.

Lisa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lroderic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Not quite. Every tile has one mailserver, and the mailserver acts as the domain controller for the client associate with that tile. There is no communication between tiles - each is isolated.

You need to add client0 to mailserver0.yourcompany.com, then you need to add client1 to mailserver1.yourcompany.com, and so on.

Lisa

san23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so muh for your answer. to be more precise i will also need to add like for example standby1 to mailserver1.yourcompany.comor is it that i shall only join client to the domain? what about the prime client, i have actually add it to mailserver0.yourcompany.com,is it right?

Thanks,

San23

0 Kudos
lroderic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You definitely have to add each client to each domain so that LoadSim works. client0 eventually becomes client0.mailserver0.yourcompany.com.

You don't need to add standby and javaserver to the domain. They can stay in WORKGROUP.

Lisa

0 Kudos
san23
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Lisa

Cheers,

San23

0 Kudos