VMware Performance Community
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Start the STAX

I download the versions available of STAF and STAX from the link mentions in the guide (STAF349-setup-winamd64 and STAXV353).
While starting the run in the cmd, i put the command wich start STAX and i obtain this error: STAX Job Monitor V3.5.3 requires STAF V3.3.3 or later to be running.

What i have to do???Which package should i use and from where download it???

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You should be able to use staf 3.4.9 but STAX 3.5.* is not supported with VMmark 2.1.1.  You'll need to download a 3.4.* version from the stax website (3.4.5 is the last I believe).  You can find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/staf/files/stax/

Make sure you've installed staf first, as your first post seems to indicate it wasn't already installed.

-Joshua

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried to install the STAF and STAX v2 but STAF v2 x64 was unable to install while STAF v2 x32 is installed but when i runned the command,i had errors cos some files where not supported on amd-64.....so i returned to the previous problem....

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You should be able to use staf 3.4.9 but STAX 3.5.* is not supported with VMmark 2.1.1.  You'll need to download a 3.4.* version from the stax website (3.4.5 is the last I believe).  You can find it here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/staf/files/stax/

Make sure you've installed staf first, as your first post seems to indicate it wasn't already installed.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah no STAF was installed, i allow stafproc from the firewall and i create a basic task also from the beginnig. I had this problem while starting the run.
10xxx for the infos, i install it and it worked Smiley Happy

0 Kudos