VMware Performance Community
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

STAX Problem

I had a very strange issue, when i add the 2 lines to STAF.cfg  i obtain the error : STAX Job Monitor v3.4.5 requires STAF v3.3.3 or later to be running and when i omit these lines the stax wizard appears but i return to a main problem: STAX Service Not Registred....

Any Suggestions????????

0 Kudos
10 Replies
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is likely just as the error message is saying, STAF is not running.

You'll need to verify that you've modified your STAF.cfg to correctly register STAX.  I'd then suggest manually starting STAF via the command prompt to debug what is happening.

1.  cd C:\STAF

2.  Run "STAFEnv.bat"

3.  Run "bin\STAFProc.exe"

-Joshua
0 Kudos
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

This is my STAF.config file, i registred STAX as mention in guide. Btw i tried to create a run.sh file in order to running VMmark without STAX, dunno if im working correctly i put these cmd in Cygwin:
cd "C:\VMmark Harness 2.1\vclient0\scripts
./run.sh

and its still running from 2 hours till now and i didnt have any result yet....

I tried to run these cmd while cygwin is still running, in both case the windows appear and close  in 2s and i cannot view it...and no result...

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You seem to have removed things from your default STAF.cfg. You'll need to add back the local trust. (trust machine local://local level 5)

You've also added the "\" character inline.  This character is used when wrapping the same line to multiple lines.  Since your entire command is on the same line, try removing the "\" characters and restarting.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

I made these changes the local machine and i omit the 2 "\" and i still have this error aboyt version!!!! illogic result!!!

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You need to follow the instructions I provided for starting staf manually.  What does that return?

-Joshua
0 Kudos
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

yes i just told u, i nun these command in cmd terminal, the windows appear and close in 2s and i cannot view it...and no result...for the both "run" Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

OK, so you misunderstood the instructions, when I said run "STAFEnv.bat", I meant execute that command.  I'll try again, only typing exactly what you need to type in a command prompt.

cd C:\STAF

STAFEnv.bat

bin\STAFProc.exe

-Joshua
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

Ah sry :$ yes i run it correctly and i had the following error attached here.

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You've also misspelled "services" in your STAF.cfg.

Please take the time to review the error output and documentation prior to posting.  It will greatly assist you in setting up the benchmark.

-Joshua
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

ok i review all config edited i found a mispelled word too...10xxx i run stax from cmd without this diagnostics and the job runs properly...
Lara

0 Kudos