VMware Performance Community
stephenfyx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Reporter Results : IP(SUT host) :: Failed : Errors rm errors: rm: can’t remove ‘/vmfs/volumes/'

1. 'Prepare for Reoport Post-Processing', the description means that the VMmark reporter scripts need vm-support.tgz and vc-support.tgz files

but in the Resutls directory, I just can see the vc-support-xxx-xxx.tgz, but can not see the vm-support.tgz.

first, I want to confirm whether all the result files which should be generated automatically are entire or not? (In my opinion, vm-support.tgz related files are not)

stephenfyx_0-1605496075299.png

stephenfyx_1-1605507014321.jpeg

2. From the file of STAX_Job_ProcessNumber_User.log, I can find something wrong, maybe related with this (vm-support.tgz generation)

The key of Error: "Reporter Results : IP(SUT host) :: Failed : Errors rm errors: rm: can’t remove ‘/vmfs/volumes/SecondaryStorage/reporter-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx/vm-support-hostnum-xxxxxxxx-xxxxxxx", like this screenshot

stephenfyx_0-1605507413089.png

In my opinion, these Info of log level contains the Failed and Errors maybe related with the generation of vm-support.tgz, I have tried to solved it by myself, I find the suggestion in VMware Community, I hope that the more information can be advised in detail.

https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-VMmark-Discussions/Reporter-Results-IP-Failed-Errors-rm-err...

stephenfyx_1-1605507651391.png

What I have done it this, but it is not effect, I do it like this, then rerun the VMmark, the same errors still happen

stephenfyx_2-1605508145160.png

How can I do? please give some advices, wish your regards, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Received reply via email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Fred, for my understanding reply you,

If I understand correctly:

1)  You never get the reporter .tgz files when running VMmark3 normally.

2) You do get the reporter .tgz files when running reporter manually.

I think, the host*.tgz(SUT: host1,host2,host3,host4) and Client*.tgz(Client: Prime1,Prime2,Prime3) have generated in the Results_XXX_XXX automatically during the complete and compliant VMmark3.1.1 running.

For a complete and complaint score VMmark3.1.1 running, the .tgz related files could be found in the corresponding Resutls_XXX_XXX directory.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the files were generated during his compliant run.

Fred

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Have you manually tried running the reporter script after the VMmark3 run (page 99 of User Guide) to generate the vm-support file? 

0 Kudos
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Received reply via email:

Dear Fred, for my understanding reply you,

If I understand correctly:

1)  You never get the reporter .tgz files when running VMmark3 normally.

2) You do get the reporter .tgz files when running reporter manually.

I think, the host*.tgz(SUT: host1,host2,host3,host4) and Client*.tgz(Client: Prime1,Prime2,Prime3) have generated in the Results_XXX_XXX automatically during the complete and compliant VMmark3.1.1 running.

For a complete and complaint score VMmark3.1.1 running, the .tgz related files could be found in the corresponding Resutls_XXX_XXX directory.

So the files were generated during his compliant run.

Fred

0 Kudos
stephenfyx
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dear Fred,

Thank you very much for your assistances about my doubts.

0 Kudos