VMware Performance Community
jamesl73
Contributor
Contributor

PowerCLI Service Failed to Start

I'm working on setting up a VMmark environment, but I'm running into this error.

20150302-12:42:32VMmark2 PowerCLI Service Failed to Start :: Error Initializing Workers (4) : Halting Workers : Purging Qs : Done

Attached is the results file.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please verify that all of the PowerCLI scripts in the c:\VMmark2\tools directory are unblocked.  The files are : VMmark2PSbe.ps1     VMmark2PSfe.ps1     VMmarkPScli.ps1.  To see more information on unblocking files, look in the troubleshooting section of the VMmark_Benchmarking_Guide_2.5.  Searching for the keyword "Unblock" should get you to the right spot.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
jamesl73
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response.

I'm not getting any of the errors mentioned in that section of the guide and there's not an unblock button available on any of those .ps1 files.

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In your VMMARK2.config, try setting RMQ_MinInitDelay=180. 

-Joshua
0 Kudos
jamesl73
Contributor
Contributor

I tried increasing that value, went all the way up to 300 with no change.  In the meantime I rebuilt a primeclient as a VM for quick troubleshooting and got further along, but getting completely different issue on that one.

Question though.  Does the cygwin have to be in C:\cygwin?  I installed to cygwin64 since I'm on 64bit but then noticed that the second RMQ install script is hardcoded to C:\cygwin.  I hacked the script to point to cygwin64 but my current error is about RMQ not finding files.

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, Cygwin must be installed as c:\cygwin.  There is an update to the doc that will more clearly spell that out.

Keep in mind any modification of the benchmark source invalidates all of the runs you are doing.  I would delete your VMmark2 installation and re-install so that you can generate valid compliant runs.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
jamesl73
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  I will start the rebuilds.

One more thing on cygwin, I was prompted for installing some dependency software like Bonjour that comes with iTunes or Safari.  And there was another one that something about lsusb or something.  Do I need to install them on the client servers or just ignore them?

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you running on a Mac?

-Joshua
0 Kudos
jamesl73
Contributor
Contributor

haha!  Not for this test

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ok.  Good luck.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
jamesl73
Contributor
Contributor

Here's the message I was mentioning.  Avahi is in the Net package.

cygwin-warning.PNG

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You shouldn't need that package.

-Joshua
0 Kudos