VMware Performance Community
kfranks
Contributor
Contributor

Not getting mailserver's wrf files, from some tiles

I'm having mailserver problems....again.

I had successfully set up and run three tiles and recently added three more to the testbed. Now I'm seeing no wrf files for the odd-numbered tiles; tile1 had been working before, in the original set of three. I'm seeing that the vmmark2-mailserver-x.xml file is not getting updated in the respective failing clients and the mailservergetstats_error-x file(s) in the result directories contains:

Exiting, please wait...                        
Error: No valid counters.
Note:
  In order to use typeperf, you must either be a member of the local
  Performance Log Users group, or the command must be executed from an
  elevated command window.

And now when I try and run the original three tiles, tile1 fails to produce a mailserver wrf file. Everything else looks ok. The firewall is turn off on all of the clients and all of the mailservers.

I'm attaching my results folder, less the host tgzs.

Please help.

Thanks,

-Kirk

0 Kudos
23 Replies
kfranks
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that worked on tile1; removing and rejoining the client to the maildomain solved the problem. But on tile2 this didn't work.

When I run the command from the prime client towards client1 I see the LoadGen task start, and I see activity begin on mailserver1.

However, when I run the command from the prime client towards client2 I see the LoadGen task start, but there's no activity on mailserver2.

Comparing the process tables of the mailservers I see mailserver2 lacks a process Microsoft.Exchange.ServiceHost; I don't know if that's significant.

I think it's close to being fixed though.

Thanks,

-Kirk

0 Kudos
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Microsoft.Exchange.ServiceHost does not exist or it is not started?

If it doesn't exist you will need to reinstall exchange.  If it is not started check the event log for any error messages.

0 Kudos
kfranks
Contributor
Contributor

It existed but could not be started. The problem seems to be connected with a recent update. I fixed it, but had to essentially rebuild the mailserver because I couldn't cleanly back out the patches.

Thanks,

-Kirk

0 Kudos
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

James i have the same problem for the mailserver wrf files but when i long on from the domain admin the run doesnt progress and i have an error on the level of sync : " Vcenter or clients out of sync...."
what's wrong???

0 Kudos