VMware Performance Community
krishnadc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Network pings failed at Client0 VM - "Client0: All pings failed at 192.168.1.1"

Hi,

I'm trying to provision the workload VMs using VMMark3 in a seperate cluster (other than the PrimeClient and Client0 VMs) and it looks the provisioning was successful.

I've observed that the IP addresses are assigned from a default internal network (192.168.1.x).

These internal IPs are not reachable from my PrimeClient (which is on a different network, PrimeClient is  on 10.111.0.x):

Following is the error message from the provisioning logs: (Attached

2020-07-28T13:16:03.569 [pool-3-thread-20] ERROR COMM : Client0 : All pings failed at 192.168.1.1 : Try increasing ProvisionPingMaxTries in VMmark3.properties

2020-07-28T13:16:03.570 [pool-3-thread-20] ERROR ST221 : Terminating Early Due to Provision Thread Errors (2)

2020-07-28T13:16:03.576 [pool-3-thread-20] ERROR MAIN : Exception Caught: Terminating Early Due to Provision ThreadErrorsErrorsFound: 2 : exitSetting true

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Krishna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Krishna,

As Fred mentioned the instructions are on pages 47-48.  If you've correctly modified the ifcfg-eno* files (per page 48) then they shouldn't be changing after a reboot.  Double check you have things right there.

-Joshua

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
fredab2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Look at the documentation pages 47-48 about configuring the PrimeClient - especially the parts that talks about adding 2 NICs. One NIC for the isolated private network (default 192.168.1.X) and the other NIC to to access the outside networks and ESXi hosts.

Fred

krishnadc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks fredab2​ - I've modified the IP address, NetMask and GateWay details for the 2nd NIC with the private network details. (192.168.1.x). The Workload VMs are reachable now.

However, if I reboot PrimeClient VM (though there is no need to reboot, but just in case), the network changes I made are lost and the previous configuration is set.

Any guidance here is highly helpful.

Best,

Krishna

0 Kudos
jpschnee
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Krishna,

As Fred mentioned the instructions are on pages 47-48.  If you've correctly modified the ifcfg-eno* files (per page 48) then they shouldn't be changing after a reboot.  Double check you have things right there.

-Joshua
0 Kudos
krishnadc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks jpschnee​ for your reply.