VMware Performance Community
moussaba
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Extract Workload Stats

Is there a way to easily extract the workload stats from all the guests, i.e., in the Mailserver for example we would like a report of the actual metric data.  We are running some experiments and would like to see how the detailed metrics.  I looked at the tilescore.pl file where it actually gets teh data, but short of modifying it is there an easier way?

Moussa

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Moussa,

Yes, I believe what you are looking for can be found in each workload's .wrf (workload results file). These are the workload output files which tilescore.pl processes to create Score_N_Tile_Test.out. You can find all the run's .wrf files in the results folder for the run, C:\VMmark2\results\Results_<datestamp> after the run has completed.

For example, in MailserverN.wrf, where N is the tile number of the workload, you can see per minute metric averages for the Mailserver workload. These metrics are extremely specific, and include the throughput and latency of individual operation types among other things. As a general throughput measure, I often refer to "\\VMMARK2VCLIENTN\Exchange Load Generator Engine(_total)\Tasks Completed/sec.", which would normally fall around just over 30 tasks completed per second. You can view this .wrf file either in Perfmon or as a .csv. 

The format of each .wrf file is specific to its workload.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Moussa,

Yes, I believe what you are looking for can be found in each workload's .wrf (workload results file). These are the workload output files which tilescore.pl processes to create Score_N_Tile_Test.out. You can find all the run's .wrf files in the results folder for the run, C:\VMmark2\results\Results_<datestamp> after the run has completed.

For example, in MailserverN.wrf, where N is the tile number of the workload, you can see per minute metric averages for the Mailserver workload. These metrics are extremely specific, and include the throughput and latency of individual operation types among other things. As a general throughput measure, I often refer to "\\VMMARK2VCLIENTN\Exchange Load Generator Engine(_total)\Tasks Completed/sec.", which would normally fall around just over 30 tasks completed per second. You can view this .wrf file either in Perfmon or as a .csv. 

The format of each .wrf file is specific to its workload.

0 Kudos