VMware Performance Community
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

Error

I have the following error attached in the pic. I open the file mailservergetstats_error-0 in the result folder and i had:

Exiting, please wait...                        
Error: No valid counters.

What could b the problem???

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

Hi, I can see that in addition to the problem with your MailServer stats, there is also an issue with DS2webB0 and DS2webC0.

Could you please zip your results files from the run, then attach the zip file onto your next forum post?

Thanks,

Rebecca

0 Kudos
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

I know but i guess i had first only the problem with DS2WebB0 and C0 then this problem appear too.ok There is my result file.

0 Kudos
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

Hi, thank you for uploading your results file. From looking at the files, I can see several things that will need to be fixed, but we can take them one at a time.

First, I would suggest that you replace the vclient0 directory as directed in this post.

Second, in VMmark2.config, you have listed

MailServer/MailDomains="MailServer0"

This needs to be the mailserver domain name, reading

MailServer/MailDomains="maildomain0"

not "MailServer0". The VMmark2.config file is also case-sensitive.

In vmmark2initializationtemplate.xml, I saw that you did correctly use the name maildomain0.

Please fix this, then re-run. If a Mailserver0.wrf file is generated by the run, please attach it here so I can check that it looks ok.

Rebecca

BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

I still have the same problem, i removed the vclient0 directory and re-add it cos the ds2db was omitted from my VMmark2.1 kit and i added it manually, i add SET DEFAULTSTOPUSING WM_CLOSE in the end of STAF.cfg and i still have the same errors and a Mailserver0.wrf isnt generated. I tried also to unistall STAF and delete from C then install it again, i recreated the folder services and i put stax and event from the older folder services in it.

0 Kudos
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

The first and most important change you must make is that in your VMMARK2.CONFIG, please change

MailServer/MailDomains="MailServer0"

to

MailServer/MailDomains="maildomain0"

If this is not fixed, Mailserver0 will not run.

Secondly, the VMmark kit does include folders, inside vclient0, named ds2db, ds2webA, ds2webB, ds2webC, mailserver, mstmr, oliodb, olioweb, scripts and standby. If any of these are missing, maybe it accidentally got deleted. Do not add new folders manually.

If any of these are missing, please download a new kit from vmmark.com, make sure all the folders listed above are in the kit, then remove the vclient0 directory from client0 and re-add it from the fresh kit.

When you get a new run, please zip and upload the results file and I will check it for errors.
Thank you,

Rebecca

0 Kudos
BecharaAbouRaha
Contributor
Contributor

I already made these changes and add a new vclient0 directory and still had same problem. i will upload my result in the thread  http://communities.vmware.com/message/2074714#

0 Kudos
RebeccaG
Expert
Expert

Great, thanks for uploading.

0 Kudos