VMware Performance Community
webcrew
Contributor
Contributor

Cygwin environment install - 'Install to local directory' option must be selected

I'm having problems with the Cygwin environment installation on clients (benchmarking guide pg. 63). Here are a couple of problems currently being encountered:

1) when following step 1 after 'To configure the Cygwin environment', once the Cygwin Bash Shell is opened a command prompt is quickly opened, then closes.

2) Also the 'cygserver-config' command (mentioned in the next step of Benchmarking Guide) cannot be found ?

2) Upon removal and reinstallation of the product and repeating the above step an error dialog indicates ".... .application .... failed .... cygwin1.dll .... not found ....."

Above problems are not encountered when doing the following :

1) (after 'Install the Cygwin Environment', step 2) choose 'Install from Local Directory', rather the going with default (as indicated in the guide, step 2), while running cygwin setup,

Mark Webster | AppLabs 387 S 520 W Suite 100, Lindon, UT 84042 Office: +1 801 852 9541 mark.webster@applabs.com | AppLabs.com
0 Kudos
2 Replies
lroderic
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi. Not sure you finished your message there.

For myself, I download the cygwin install files first to a local directory on the prime client (then go home for the night). I share the prime client drive where that install directory is and map it to all the clients so I then can do a local installation. I don't think an installation has failed for me that way.

Lisa

webcrew
Contributor
Contributor

If anything could be done to 'finish my comment' it would be a little more clarity in the 'Benchmarking Guide', as the cygwin site isn't clear on this

Thanks Lisa!

Mark Webster | AppLabs 387 S 520 W Suite 100, Lindon, UT 84042 Office: +1 801 852 9541 mark.webster@applabs.com | AppLabs.com
0 Kudos