VMware Performance Community
aminf13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Configuring LoadGen in VMmark 2.1

Hello,

I'm having a problem when trying to configure LoadGen on the VMmark 2.1 prime client. I followed the instructions for installing Exchange Server Tools (I'm using Exchange 2007 SP3 on Windows Server 2008 R2), installed LoadGen, edited vmmark2initializationtemplate.xml and followed instructions for configuring LoadGen. At the Recipient Creation window, I get the following error message:

"The following error has occured, do you wish to continue?

Recipient management failed to create/remove a sub set of users, please see log file for detailed error message."

If I choose to continue, I can go through next couple of pages, but in the last page "Start the initialization phase" option is grayed out. I cannot even find LoadGen's log file to see the details of the error. I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Oh, and by the way, I have tried this by logging both as the administrator of CLIENT0 and MAILDOMAIN0. The result is the same.

Thanks,

Amin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
aminf13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I found the LoadGenLog file. I can see a log of the following errors:

RecipientBuilder Error: 0 : 7/18/2012 10:45:02 AM -- Failed to create user F4721207-LGU000000:Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.RecipientBuilderDirectoryObjectException: Unable to create user F4721207-LGU000000 via Exchange Management Shell. ---> Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.ThrowTerminatingErrorException: An Exchange 2007 server on which an address list service is active cannot be found. ---> Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.RusServerUnavailableException: An Exchange 2007 server on which an address list service is active cannot be found.
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.Recipient.RecipientUpdateService.LocateServer()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.RecipientTaskHelper.ApplyRusPolicy(RecipientUpdateService rus, ADRecipientSession recipientSession, ADRecipient recipient, PolicyType[] policyTypes, TaskVerboseLoggingDelegate logHandler, TaskWarningLoggingDelegate writeWarning)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.RecipientTaskHelper.ApplyRusPolicy(ADSystemConfigurationSession configurationSession, ADRecipientSession recipientSession, ADRecipient recipient, Fqdn domainController, String serverName, TaskVerboseLoggingDelegate logHandler, TaskWarningLoggingDelegate writeWarning)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.RecipientTaskHelper.ApplyRusPolicy(ADSystemConfigurationSession configurationSession, ADRecipientSession recipientSession, ADRecipient recipient, Fqdn domainController, String serverName, TaskVerboseLoggingDelegate logHandler, TaskErrorLoggingDelegate writeError, TaskErrorLoggingDelegate throwTerminatingError, TaskWarningLoggingDelegate writeWarning)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ThrowTerminatingError(Exception exception, ErrorCategory category, Object target)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.RecipientTaskHelper.ApplyRusPolicy(ADSystemConfigurationSession configurationSession, ADRecipientSession recipientSession, ADRecipient recipient, Fqdn domainController, String serverName, TaskVerboseLoggingDelegate logHandler, TaskErrorLoggingDelegate writeError, TaskErrorLoggingDelegate throwTerminatingError, TaskWarningLoggingDelegate writeWarning)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.NewRecipientObjectTask`1.PrepareDataObject()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.SetTaskBase`1.InternalValidate()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.NewUserBase.InternalValidate()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ProcessRecord()
   at System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessor.ProcessRecord()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.PowerShellHelper.RunCommand(String command, String errMsg)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.User.createUserViaPowerShell()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.User.Create()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.Database.createUser(User u).

0 Kudos
aminf13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry for cluttering the forum, but I resolved this issue by starting Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The service was marked as Automatic, but I don't know why it was not started when I rebooted the VM

0 Kudos
aminf13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

After resolving the previous issue, I get the following error now:

RecipientBuilder Error: 0 : 7/18/2012 3:18:54 PM -- Failed to create user F4721207-LGU000003:Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.RecipientBuilderDirectoryObjectException: Unable to create user F4721207-LGU000003 via Exchange Management Shell. ---> Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.RecipientBuilderDirectoryObjectException: Active Directory operation failed on WIN-V44F4PR04SB.maildomain0.hicamp.systems.com. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Unable to update the password. The value provided for the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history requirements of the domain.
Active directory response: 0000052D: SvcErr: DSID-031A120C, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0

at Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.PowerShellHelper.RunCommand(String command, String errMsg)
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.User.createUserViaPowerShell()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.User.Create()
   at Microsoft.Exchange.Swordfish.Extensions.RecipientBuilder.Database.createUser(User u).

I have disabled the password complexity requirements on both machines (client machine, as well as the domain controller), but I still keep receiving this error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Amin

0 Kudos
aminf13
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I could reslove this issue by setting the minimum password length to 0 characters in password policy section. Apparently LoadGen tries to create users without passwords for them and violates the policy.

0 Kudos