VMware VMUG Community
Alethay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Error during storage provider registration

Hi everybody,

when i try to register my storage provider (both 3PAR and Lefthand) i see the error:" A problem was encountered when registering the provider"

Anyone have encountered this problem bofore?

Where i can find the storage providere log on vcenter?

My infrastructure:

3 esxi 5.0 clustered

vcenter (windows) 5

lefthand (iSCSI) and 3par (FC) connected.

There's no firewall between vcenter and vasa plug-in, hostnames are correctly resolved.

Thank you

Ale

An update:

I've imported the certificate and uploaded in insight control, but nothing happen.

in attachment the log (sms.log)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
srnhpp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
Krede
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Alessandro wrote:

Hi everybody,

when i try to register my storage provider (both 3PAR and Lefthand) i see the error:" A problem was encountered when registering the provider"

Anyone have encountered this problem bofore?

Where i can find the storage providere log on vcenter?

My infrastructure:

3 esxi 5.0 clustered

vcenter (windows) 5

lefthand (iSCSI) and 3par (FC) connected.

There's no firewall between vcenter and vasa plug-in, hostnames are correctly resolved.

Thank you

Ale

An update:

I've imported the certificate and uploaded in insight control, but nothing happen.

in attachment the log (sms.log)

Did you manage to solve this?

0 Kudos
Alethay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Nothing! i’ve try yesterday with new customer infrastructure with EVA P6300 and Insight Control 7.0. Same error.

0 Kudos
Krede
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Same here. It doesnt seem like the vasa port is listening on the server.

0 Kudos
joshuatownsend
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This can happen if you are using the C# vSphere Client on a non-domain machine.  Try logging into the vCenter server (RDP/vSphere Console) and add the VASA provider through the vSphere Client on the vCenter Server.  You could also try to use the new vSphere Web Client.  See here for more info: http://vmtoday.com/2013/03/configuring-vmware-vasa-for-emc-vnx/.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful". Please visit http://vmtoday.com for News, Views and Virtualization How-To's Follow me on Twitter - @joshuatownsend
0 Kudos
Alethay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I’ve already try from vcenter server with the same result. At the moment we are waiting for the new hp storeserv v7200, I’ll try to register the vasa provider from this array and post the result.

Thank’s a lot.

0 Kudos