VMware Cloud Community
EdVanek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Waiting for connection 11.2.0 build-16492666

Hello,

Having an issue with the latest version of VMRC where you connect into a VM and it works for about 2 seconds before then disconnecting and saying "Waiting for connection".

I can close the connection and open it back up, and it will do the same thing, work properly for about 2 seconds then disconnect.

Is this a known issue, and if so, is there a workaround for it?

Thank you

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EdVanek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I ended up opening a ticket on this. While I haven't done the upgrade to confirm. It looks like the "Waiting for connect" issue is a bug that is fixed in Vcloud 10.2.

As for the web console not allowing the mouse to be used without vmware tools, the support engineer informed me that this is usually fixed by adding a USB controller to the VM from within Vcenter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Noscotek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have exactly the same issue. Funny thing is that it only happens on new VMs I'm creating. Existing VMs work fine.

The Web Console is also non-responsive for the new VM, again, existing VMs work fine with Web Console.

Tried changing NICs from E1000 to VMXNET3 to see if that was it, doesn't seem to help.

Accessing via VMware Cloud Director version: 10.1.1.16282995

0 Kudos
Noscotek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

As an FYI, I discovered that via Web Console, it appears that the mouse was not working. So I was able to give inputs via Keyboard, although limited.

So using this limited input, I managed to get VMWare Tools installed and reboot my new VM. Now mouse input works via Web Console and I can at least continue working.

Still have the same 2 second disconnection issue with VM Console though.

0 Kudos
EdVanek
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

I ended up opening a ticket on this. While I haven't done the upgrade to confirm. It looks like the "Waiting for connect" issue is a bug that is fixed in Vcloud 10.2.

As for the web console not allowing the mouse to be used without vmware tools, the support engineer informed me that this is usually fixed by adding a USB controller to the VM from within Vcenter

0 Kudos