VMware Cloud Community
Krapfal
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Console Resizing Bug

Hello Smiley Happy

I have a Problem with the Console, my Console is "cut" on every VM do anyone have a solution ?

same Problem on the Web Client.

Lg Krapfal

Unbenannt.PNG

0 Kudos
5 Replies
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Does this happen only after you resize? Do you have VMware Tools installed on your VMs? The screenshot is ambiguous--is the problem that a) the whole VM screen takes up only part of the Remote Console window or b) Remote Console cuts off the right and bottom parts of the VM?

0 Kudos
zurek_5
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. The Remote Console cut off the right and the buttom part of VM window. Only VM in commandline (without X) work correctly. The problem happens when I start Remote Console and it is pernament. There is no option to get a vm on full windows no matter how big the window is.

0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The screenshot in the original post is a vSphere Client console window which is superseded by standalone VMRC and web console. If you're using vSphere 5.5u2 or newer please connect from the web client and try both standalone VMRC "Launch Remote Console" and the web console "Launch Web Console". Does this happen with more than one remote VM? Different remote operating systems? Do all have VMware Tools installed?

@zurek_5: Please elaborate on your comment "Only VM in commandline (without X) work correctly." What are you using on the command line? What X?

0 Kudos
zurek_5
Contributor
Contributor

I thought that the problem is only in system with has gui interface and that the system with commandline works correctly but I was wrong, problem occurs regardless of the operating system but only on vSphere Client (I have version 6.0.0 build 3029758) on the web interfece or using VMRC everyting works corectly

0 Kudos
sessionx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've seen this issue but only on high dpi screens.  If you use a smaller resolution 1080p or lower on your source system the issue should go away.

0 Kudos