VMware Cloud Community
lidemar
Contributor
Contributor

VMRC won't be installed - Windows10

I would like to install VMware-VMRC, but it takes like forever to response to the installation process; at the end it says: Installer is no longer responding and gives two options: "Retry" or "Cancel", when I click retry it does the same thing.

I already tried it over command prompt with elevated permissions and got the same thing.

Note: I was able to install the same app in other computer with no problem.

error.PNG

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hmm, I have never seen this problem before. Does your computer have different anti-virus software than those where it installs successfully? Do you see any useful information in the installer logs in these folders?

• %TEMP%\MSI*.log
  • %TEMP%\vminst.log

A few questions come to mind:

• Does it happen after restarting?
  • Do you have other VMware products installed/running like Player or Workstation?
  • Can you think of anything that might be locking up folders it needs to install such as Program Files x86?
  • Does running Windows' chkdsk show any issues?

-Chris

0 Kudos
lidemar
Contributor
Contributor

​ I just clicked "Retry" like four times and then it got installed, but now the problem is that VMWare 6.5 won't give me the option in "Open Console".

I've restarted the computer but the VMRC won't show up like an option to open the virtual machine.

0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Do you mean the web client doesn't show the option to "Launch Remote Console"? If so, click on the gear icon at the bottom right of the VM's thumbnail in the Summary page to see both console options as well as "Change Default Console ..." (The web client can't detect the presence of standalone VMRC.)

0 Kudos