VMware Cloud Community
tbpoisb
Contributor
Contributor

VMRC time out

Hello is there any way to change the time out setting from VMRC. i already change the time out setting van HTML5 client en webclient but the VMRC time out doesn t change with this change..??

any suggestions or tips?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ofritzsche
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everybody,

I have the same problem.

For safety reasons we have set the VM Options for "Maximum numbers of sessions" to one in our environment.

The problem is that while the Web Console is running in a timeout and unfortunately does not close the Remote Console (VMRC). Thus, no further connection to the VM is possible without separating the session Manuel.

To find the right connection in the vCenter is unfortunately not so easy because although the open connections are displayed but not to which server the connection is open.

If anyone has an idea how to set a remote console timeout, that would help me a lot

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
lalitsharma
Contributor
Contributor

The timeout value is kept in the webclient.properties file -- usually located in Windows Server at C:\ProgramData\VMware\vCenterServer\cfg\vsphere-client. Open the file and edit the session.timeout=<value> entry where <value> is the new timeout in minutes. For example, to set a 30 minute timeout, edit the line so that it reads session.timeout=30. If you decide to disable the timeout -- where the Web Client session will never timeout -- use a zero or negative number.

0 Kudos