VMware Cloud Community
royger
Contributor
Contributor

VMRC or Web Console copy paste at login prompt

Hi guys,

I have an issue where copy paste is not working at the windows login screen using VMRC or Web console

Following to KB VMware Knowledge Base  i had made the necessary changes to the VM advanced settings and the copy paste is working just fine once i login to the windows OS BUT on the login

screen it self when typing the password i cant paste it, is there any documentation on this being a designed behavior or may be a workaround the issue i have passwords 30 bits long so typing theme

in is a pain,

Hope someone can help 

6 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I believe that Windows disallows this by default, so I don't think it's a VMRC or even vSphere related concern.

royger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I was also thinking that, but it is working on any other console (hyper v, Linux KVM) but not working on VMRC so this is some how restricted by VMRC console and not by Microsoft

KeithArmstead01
Contributor
Contributor

I am also trying to get this to work. 

Keith

ivlengelhardt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys,

any updates on this topic?

Curretnly I also tried to figure it out, but without success.

0 Kudos
JoshMancil
Contributor
Contributor

From what i am being told the Copy/Paste Function only works wonce a user is logged in Because it uses the "VMUSR" Service to perform this function.  That service does not start till user logs in.

thetomme88
Contributor
Contributor

Yep I can replicate this also, no clipboard pasting allowed to the login screen but works ONCE LOGGED IN

0 Kudos