VMware Cloud Community
StefanBurger
Contributor
Contributor

VMRC not show the "Hardware-Options" by connecting from esxi-cli "vim-cmd"

Hello! Sorry for this "double post", (https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-vSphere-Discussions/ESXI-7-0-gt-Remote-Console-gt-no-Hardwa...)

but i don´t know how to delte a (own) post and i think here is the right place for this question!

I have a problem with the Remote-Console (don´t) show up the Hardware-Options at a connection to a (any) VM hostet at a ESXI 7.0-Host.

All actions as user "root" (all privilegs):

Situation 1: By connecting via the ESXI-Web-Interface (Console->launch RemoteConsole), the complete "Hardware-Tab" is shown and i´am able to connect any remote usb-device. -> all fine !

Situation 2: By connecting via a "vmrc://...." link generated by the commandline-interface "vim-cmd vmsvc/acquiremksticket xy",

the hardware-options are greyed-out and no remote usb-device connection possible.

What´s the diffrence, how i can get an "automated" connection to a VM with full "options" ?

Very thanks!

Stefan

(Here are the two "vmrc-windows") ->

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@StefanBurger 

Moderator: I have archived your original thread. You should get options when you select the “3 dots” menu to the right of a thread or individual comment. Even if you choose “report inappropriate content” with a message that will create a post for moderators to review and take action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos