VMware Cloud Community
mark_l_zhang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMRC failed

Hi, Does anyone have issues to install VMRC? latest version. 7.0.0-2217084

If I did not accept the agreement, I could not go the next installation steps.

VMRC.JPG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mark_l_zhang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Solved.

Run CMD 'As Administrator' and then execute "VMware-VMRC-7.0.1-2508353.msi v:EULAS_AGREED=1"

some website using /v , I tried in my PC "v:" is the right way. but this option is not on the help page.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
yitingjin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mark, is there a reason you chose not to accept the End User Licensing Agreement for VMRC? 

0 Kudos
mark_l_zhang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Of course I accept.

If you noticed carefully, every application need you accept the agreement, or the install key is grey.

I guess it was the software issue?

0 Kudos
yitingjin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry about that.  I was looking at your statement "If I did not accept the agreement..." and thought you might've actually declined the EULA.

Can you please send me what Windows OS you're using?  I haven't seen this issue come up on a number of Windows OSes, but the behavior may vary across OSes. 

0 Kudos
mark_l_zhang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Mine OS is Win7 64bit.

I tried many time and click the agree. Or you cannot make the next button work.

So I think I must accept. Wired. Never see this before.

I am wondering if I shall run with the command?

0 Kudos
GKN_Helpdesk
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Make sure you're running the install as administrator - either right click and "Run as administrator" or launch from an administrator cmd prompt.

Will

0 Kudos
TWSS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

i have the same problem, put when i Login with one USER that have Admin Rights then was possible to install VMRC.

Have anyone rollout this VMRC Version with GPO?

I have the problem with the command line parameter to accept the EULAS

thanks

Rudolf

0 Kudos
Remi72
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Run CMD 'As Administrator' and then execute VMware-VMRC-7.0.0-2217084.msi and voila! or use your Mac to install relvant DMG  Remi

0 Kudos
mark_l_zhang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Solved.

Run CMD 'As Administrator' and then execute "VMware-VMRC-7.0.1-2508353.msi v:EULAS_AGREED=1"

some website using /v , I tried in my PC "v:" is the right way. but this option is not on the help page.

0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

If a non-admin user launches the VMRC installer it should show a dialog right away with "You need administrator privileges to install/uninstall this software."

On what OS do you see this issue? Do you have UAC enabled?

VMRC requires admin privileges because it installs USB services.

0 Kudos
dogwater
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am amazed and astounded at a company as big as VMWare has not fixed this problem in over 6 years.

If you are on Windows 10, the quickest way to solve this problem is:

1. Put the installer on the desktop
2. Right-click the installer and "create shortcut" which will add another icon (the shortcut) to your desktop
3. Right-click the shortcut that got created and select properties
4. In the "target" box after the .exe (or .msi) add an extra space and then add /v EULAS_AGREED=1

So your target box will look similar to:
C:\Users\<YOURACCOUNT>\Desktop\VMware-something-something-X.X.X-XXXXXXXX.exe /v EULAS_AGREED=1
Now click OK to save your changes, and run the installer. It will let you install.

0 Kudos
miladmeh8
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

good hint

0 Kudos