VMware Cloud Community
marquish
Contributor
Contributor

VMRC and Win 10 install...The user did not accept the license agreement by passing EULAS_AGREED=1 on the command line.

I am running the msi from my win10 desktop and have accepted the EULA's as they have popped up but it will not install.  Has anyone else run across this?  I have attached a screen shot.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is the MSI being ran as Administrator (right click > Run as Administrator)?

0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Here's how to start a silent install on Windows from an instance of CMD run as Administrator:

For .msi installers (up to VMRC 10.0.1):

• msiexec /i VMware-VMRC-10.0.1-5898794.msi /QN EULAS_AGREED=1 AUTOSOFTWAREUPDATE=0 DATACOLLECTION=0 /L* "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\vmrc.log"

For .exe installers (10.0.2 and newer):

• VMware-VMRC-10.0.2-7096020.exe /V /Qn EULAS_AGREED=1 AUTOSOFTWAREUPDATE=0 ATACOLLECTION=0 /L "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\vmrc.log"

Note the "n" after "/Q" must be lower case in the second example.

0 Kudos
traists
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I use windows 10 x64 1903. When I wanted to upgrade vmware workstation pro 14 to 15, I deleted the installation folder, deleted all the keys related to "vmware" in the registry, and then installed vmware workstation pro At 15:00, such an error occurred. I wonder if it can be solved?

0 Kudos
JayDaVM
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler
Spoiler
./PathToInstaller /v EULAS_AGREED=1
0 Kudos
DellIndia
Contributor
Contributor

thanks this worked 🙂

0 Kudos
dogwater
Contributor
Contributor

I am amazed and astounded at a company as big as VMWare has not fixed this problem in over 6 years.

If you are on Windows 10, the quickest way to solve this problem is:

1. Put the installer on the desktop
2. Right-click the installer and "create shortcut" which will add another icon (the shortcut) to your desktop
3. Right-click the shortcut that got created and select properties
4. In the "target" box after the .exe (or .msi) add an extra space and then add /v EULAS_AGREED=1

So your target box will look similar to:
C:\Users\<YOURACCOUNT>\Desktop\VMware-player-full-X.X.X-XXXXXXXX.exe /v EULAS_AGREED=1
Now click OK to save your changes, and run the installer. It will let you install.

0 Kudos