VMware Cloud Community
fead04
Contributor
Contributor

Stable guest resolution

Hello,

is there a way how to set to false "Autofit window" and "Autofit guest" parameters in standalone VMRC? I need the

situation, when if I change size of VMRC window, the guest's screen resolution does not change and the scrollbars or black

borders appears.

Thank you for all answers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This option is not available in VMRC for Windows at this time. Unfortunately it's not even possible to set it with a hidden preference.

Not that this will help you, but with VMRC for Mac resizing the console window will not change the VM's resolution. VMRC Windows follows precedents set by Workstation, VMRC Mac follows precedents set by Fusion. I can see that it would be useful to set this in both products.

0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We're tracking a change to optionally configure this autofit guest behavior in ticket 1619302. In the mean time you can work around this on Windows VMs by deleting resolutionSet.dll from VMware Tools, ex. C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools\plugins\vmsvc\resolutionSet.dll. Repairing or reinstalling Tools will restore the file.

This post relates to the same issue: https://communities.vmware.com/message/2591978

0 Kudos