VMware Cloud Community
anthonyhwynn
Contributor
Contributor

Remote console version 12

everytime open the vm the remote console error  Address unresolvable.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ajay1988
Expert
Expert

Do we get same error "Address  unresolvable" from both direct ESXi UI and VC  ?

What is OS  where the   VMRC is installed ? 
Open the VMRC again and Go to %TEMP%\vmware-%USERNAME%\ and fetch the last vmware-vmrc-xxxx.log and vmware-xxxx-mks-xxxx.log

VMRC logs 

VMware Remote Console 12.0 requires direct access to port 443 on ESXi hosts. For more information, see   https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76672 

If you think your queries have been answered
Mark this response as "Correct" or "Helpful".

Regards,
AJ
anthonyhwynn
Contributor
Contributor

thanks

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@anthonyhwynn 
Problem solved?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
vianxw
Contributor
Contributor

May I ask what was the actual solution to this?

We get the same error and although there are a number of concerning errors in the log files I have not been able to determine the actual problem.

fnormand
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem with version 11 and 12. It was working but suddenly get the same error message. The web one works, but not the VMRC.

Any hints ?

Cheers,

0 Kudos
ajbrehm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For those still looking for an answer, it's not just port 433 open, the VM host must also be clear about its own name.

You can set its name and domain using esxcli system hostname set --fqdn hostname.domain.tld.

0 Kudos