VMware Cloud Community
mfirth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Remote Console 9.0 download

There is a known issue listed in the Remote Console V10.0.2 release notes that it crashes on certain versions of Linux.

The suggested workaround is to use version 9.0

Unfortunately the V9.0 download page says this version is no longer available.

Is there anywhere the V9.0 for Linux can be downloaded until a version of V10 is made available that works properly (i.e. at all!)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The download page https://www.vmware.com/go/download-vmrc has been updated with the following link to where VMRC 9.0 can be downloaded:

Prior versions of Remote Console can be found in the Drivers & Tools tab of the vSphere download page

View solution in original post

14 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Based on the validation check, we found that legacy version downloads are not available for this product. Only the latest version is available in VMware Download Portal.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I'm working to get legacy versions posted for download. I will update this thread with news.

Other relevant threads:

0 Kudos
s_p_k
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there any update on this?

0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

@s_p_k: Not yet available. I'm in touch with the release engineers. If you have a service agreement you might get it sent to you privately more quickly.

0 Kudos
wv_sp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I need the link for vmrc9, because vmrc10 doesn't setup sucessfully into Debian 9.3.0 Gnome x64.

I have tried to install vmrc10 into Debian 9.3.0 Gnome x64, following the advice of:

fonts - How to fix Fontconfig error - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange

(Where is written the following sentence: remove 10-scale-bitmap-fonts.conf from /etc/fonts/conf.d and run fc-cache -fv its work for me),

Also I have installed manually from synaptic:

(14.04 - How to install gail and atk-bridge? - Ask Ubuntu )

libatk-bridge2.0-dev (2.22.0-2)

and also I installed:

libcanberra-gtk-module (0.30-3)

Thank you very much.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
imrazor
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That's odd. I was able to download version 9.0 from here: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/my-downloads

That may be due to the fact that I've downloaded version 9.0 in the past. In any event, it's worth checking the link to see if you've downloaded version 9 at some point. I've now successfully installed version 9 of vmrc on Debian 9.

CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

imrazor​: Good tip, I never noticed this.

0 Kudos
wv_sp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Could you share with all the Remote Console 9.0 which you have downloaded, please.

Thank you very much.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The download page https://www.vmware.com/go/download-vmrc has been updated with the following link to where VMRC 9.0 can be downloaded:

Prior versions of Remote Console can be found in the Drivers & Tools tab of the vSphere download page

mfirth
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I didn't initially see the "prior versions" link, but when I went to my download history, it was showing the link. I finally have a copy of VMRC V9.0, thanks for the help.

Is there any update on getting a version of V10.0 that will work on recent Debian Linux?

0 Kudos
danielrstubbs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I just ran into this issue with vmware console myself.. cant run vmware software on any up-to-date linux distro... Debian, ubuntu, fedora... Nothing works, and old downloads were removed. Please upload vmware console 9 so that we can use the product... or fix version 10.

0 Kudos
wv_sp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello, thank you very much by share the VMware Remote Console 9.0.0-4288332, as you can observe in the atached picture I still keep them.

A few months have passed from I tried to setup this but still I can remember one important thing, I couldn't finalize the setup of v.9.0.0-4288332 into Debian 9.3.0 x64 gnome desktop.

I suppose that I found other solutions but what I really wanted was be able to open more than on S.O. (or windows with it loaded), at the same time, in the same desktop and more than one screen conected to the same pc.

I will continue doing some test and If I have the opportunity I will post my thoughts with all. Thank you very much because I really love very much VMware and it is very interesting software.

0 Kudos
rbeam
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Prior versions ...

... can't be found anywhere! Go search for "vmrc". Everything will be v10.0.3, no matter when it's claimed to have been released. (saw one reference of 2014)

Even if it's not "supported", there are plenty of reasons to keep old stuff around. For starters, a lot of the old s**t actually works. HTML5 UI? "Feature Complete"?!? Bull. Half the things I need to do every day CAN NOT be done from H5 -- or flash for that matter. One still needs to install wads of native applications to do things the fat client nver had a problem doing. I just spent all day beating my head against the wall trying to deploy an ova under 6.7u1. (working with a 30+GB image, I want to kill some people more than once for this crap. v5.5 C# client, that just works.)

0 Kudos
id000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Uninstall v10 with "vmware-installer -u vmware-vmrc" and download v9 from the following link:

https://gofile.io/?c=VrmU1M

Regards,