VMware Cloud Community
Roveer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Making VM Shortcuts with VMRC and it works, but is there a switch to go directly to fullscreen instead of window?

So I'm using the command line:

c:\program files (x86)\vmware/vmrc vmrc://<your_server>/?moid=<your_moid>

it works, but the vm comes up in a windowed screen that I then have to click the full screen button.  Is there a switch to go straight to full screen?

Thanks,

Roveer

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The -f option is only valid in Workstation on Windows. However, if you have it installed you can use it to connect to remote VMs in full-screen mode like so:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe" -f -H <your_server> -M <your_moid>

Note: If workstation is already running this will not switch it to full-screen mode.

On Linux, Workstation's -X option and Player's -X and --fullscreen options only start local VMs in full-screen mode.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

—————————

VMware Workstation

—————————

where OPTIONS are:

-v Show program version

-x Power on when a virtual machine is opened

-X Same as -x but also go into full screen mode

-p Start the virtual machine paused

-q Close virtual machine at power off

-s NAME=VALUE Set variable NAME to VALUE

-n Open a new window

-f Start in full screen mode Console connection:

-H hostname Host

-U username User name

-P password Password for remote connection

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful

Regards,

Randhir

0 Kudos
Roveer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I tried the -f and the -x and -X options and none of them seemed to work.  They just bring the VM up in the standard window and I have to click the full screen button from there.  I'm adding the switch at the end of the command line

vmrc vmrc://myip/?moid=1 -f

It won't let me add it after the first vmrc.

Roveer

0 Kudos
CQuartetti
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The -f option is only valid in Workstation on Windows. However, if you have it installed you can use it to connect to remote VMs in full-screen mode like so:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Workstation\vmware.exe" -f -H <your_server> -M <your_moid>

Note: If workstation is already running this will not switch it to full-screen mode.

On Linux, Workstation's -X option and Player's -X and --fullscreen options only start local VMs in full-screen mode.

Roveer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you.  That did work with the vmware workstation (I installed it temporarily).

Roveer

0 Kudos
CSN_TA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Shortcut Properties > Execute > Maximized

0 Kudos