VMware Cloud Community
krish290785
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

AcquireCloneTicket() for remote server

I have been trying to find a way to Acquirecloneticket() on behalf of a remote server. Which means, I acquire a ticket on one machine and pass it on to another remote machine where the session ticket will be used to view the VMRC console of the Virtual Machines.

I am working on development of a small tool which should include the VMRC console launch for the Virtual Machines. This tool will be completely offloaded to the endusers and they use it from their own machines.

From the users machine, they need AcquireCloneTicket() to get the session ticket and open the remote console of the specific. But it's hard to install powercli on every user machine to connect to VC and get the ticket (also not recommended to have the users hit the VC directly) using the session manager.

I am trying to achieve this by placing an intermediate server in the middle. The users would connect to intermediate server using the tool (which does a PS Remote-In - Though the users aren't aware of this). The intermediate server would AcquireCloneTicket() from VC and pass on to the Client user machine. The User can then launch the console of the VM. The problem here is, AcquireCloneTicket() can be used only on the source machine which it has been generated. If we use that ticket on a different machine, It's invalid/expires

Any suggestions are much appreciated !

-Bala Krishna Gali If the above info is useful, please mark answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like William Lam is doing something similar here: http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2013/09/how-to-generate-pre-authenticated-html5.html

May be the answer or at least a step in the direction you are looking for.

0 Kudos