VMware Cloud Community
ferexderta
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

vm setup time

i have 200 vms on vcenter . i want to learn that  When was the virtual server set up . How can I see the setup time of all ?

thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ferexderta 

To be clear, you want the date/time of when each of your 200 VMs was created - right?

I would think a PowerCLI script would be the best idea, if that information is exposed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @ferexderta 

Adding to what Scott mentioned earlier. Please check PowerCLI cmdlets provided here -->

https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2018/04/vm-creation-date-now-available-in-vsphere-6-7.html

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@ferexderta 

Moderator: Moved to the PowerCLI Discussions area

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos