VMware Cloud Community
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

vCheck Customisation

hello

vCheck is an awesome tool and plugins are plenty.

But I would like to use just the frame work for custom scripts and would each script/plugins to run as own report and send email to receipiant only when not empty report.

I have been able to adjust the styling by turning off bits like $ShowTOC=$false and commenting out until code where applicable, but I would really like to use the frame work just for generating HTML email without fancy theme.  I do like the clarity theme.

Please let me know if this possible.

Thanks

vfk

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That requires changes in the 'output' part (line 963-1062) in vCheck.ps1.

You will need to move the output generating part (line 988-1062) into the loop over all the plugin results (line 970-986).
There might be some side effects that you need to tackle.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Can't you just use the GlobalVariables.ps1 file to only ask for an email?
And with Select-Plugins.ps1 you should be able to disable all plugins (except 00 and 999)

0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That's what I am Doing right now, however with multiple plugins it's generating a single report.  My intent is to have a single report for r mm each plugins that I write.

--- If you found this or any other answer helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points. vfk Systems Manager / Technical Architect VCP5-DCV, VCAP5-DCA, vExpert, ITILv3, CCNA, MCP
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That requires changes in the 'output' part (line 963-1062) in vCheck.ps1.

You will need to move the output generating part (line 988-1062) into the loop over all the plugin results (line 970-986).
There might be some side effects that you need to tackle.

0 Kudos
vfk
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

LucD​ after some thinking, I thought the best approach would be to use the $PluginCategory to reduce the potential number of reports getting generating.  However, there is a lot going in the code and things are likely to break.  Maybe something I work on the side in the future but I will leave it for now as is.