VMware Cloud Community
PGuibordCharter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

vCenter - Disable CEIP

I have been fighting with this for a couple days, trying to find a solid way of disabling CEIP on my vCenter's.  I have a fairly large environment I am working on a desired state config, and this is one of the functions I want to include.

There is a spectacular article written by William Lam, who details how to extract the json payload and update it enabled/disabled.  However, I have been playing with it over the last few days and my google-foo is coming up short, so there may be an 'undocumented feature' in 7.0.3. 

When I run Get-VCenterCEIP, it reports properly, and matches the WebClient.  When I run Set-VCenterCEIP -Disabled, the WebClient shows CEIP is still enabled.  However if I run Get-VCenterCEIP again, it shows it as disabled.

I have tried Chrome, Safari, incognito mode, and the symptoms are persistent.  I hope I'm missing something simple and would appreciate any suggestions on how to get this resolved to where the UI matches the Advanced Settings.

VMware.PowerCLI 12.6.0 build 19610541

$PSVersionTable.PSVersion

Major Minor Patch PreReleaseLabel BuildLabel
----- ----- ----- --------------- ----------
7 2 3

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Did you wait sufficiently long enough with the Web Client?
It takes some time before the value is refreshed in the Web Client.
The Get-AdvancedSetting cmdlet immediately returns the actual value.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Did you wait sufficiently long enough with the Web Client?
It takes some time before the value is refreshed in the Web Client.
The Get-AdvancedSetting cmdlet immediately returns the actual value.

0 Kudos
PGuibordCharter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Delay- I'm pretty surprised it takes the UI so long to reflect the actual values.

I did the powercli disable, get-advancedsettings, it shows disabled.  The UI still shows enabled.  I waited nearly an hour for the UI to reflect the actual settings.  This may be a good item to submit to the BU to have the changes read/reflected sooner in the UI.

Thank you for the assistance- GREALY appreciated!

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not sure how the delay is related to the VCSA being busy, but in my lab it took only around 1 minute.

But you are right, the Web CLient should reflect the change faster.
Perhaps you should open an SR.

0 Kudos