VMware Cloud Community
geob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

powershell asp?

Has anyone here had any experience using powershell asp?

I was able to use it to pull a Get-VM from vCenter, and dump to and html table. But I had to hardcode the server name, and creds in the code. I'm no html or asp guru, but I would like to prompt the user for server name, and their credentials.

Also I was really looking to code a page that would allow the users to put in a VM guest name, and get back info, like CPU count, Disk, Memory, and host information.

-geob

0 Kudos
6 Replies
marco_shaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Which PowerShell ASP exactly? I'm assuming you mean this one: ?

This could be an interesting example.

I'm pretty busy this week (and my weekends are usally tied up), but I might be able to code something up in the next week or so. I'll do my best...

0 Kudos
geob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, that is exactly what I have been looking at.

Thanks,

geob

0 Kudos
geob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Marco,

Ever get a chance to look into this more?

thanks,

geob

0 Kudos
marco_shaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry...  I saw your previous message, and was having problems logging into the forums at the time and forgot...

I didn't look at this again.  I have been way too busy with other stuff and had to put much of my "free support time" at the bottom of my list.

I will try to look at this by this Monday and report back as to whether I have been able to get anywhere.

0 Kudos
marco_shaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I starting looking at this, and although I could likely do this given enough time, I'm sorry, but this will take too much of my spare time for the next while, and now I need to blow away my ESXi install in favor of Hyper-V.

I might be able to come back to this in March or April, if I remember...

0 Kudos
marco_shaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I may try to look at this again on the weekend.  I'll load a 2nd disk on my "server" and try to find a few hours to look at this again.

0 Kudos