VMware Cloud Community
ranjitcool
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

powerCli and web interface?

Hey Guys,

I am learning powercli, However i was thinking, does powercli be run using php or some web based app (preferably php).

I mean I want to be able to create a tool where i have predefined functions and powercli in the back to run them

Please advice.

Thanks

RJ

Please award points if you find my answers helpful Thanks RJ Visit www.rjapproves.com
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Did you already check out PowerShell ASP from /n Software ?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
aevrov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Ranjitcool

There are tools that run as a web application which host Powershell ( + PowerCLI ) inside. Examples are PowershellASP and Powershell Server. You can use those products or you can host the Powershell engine yourself (you will need .NET to do this, since Powershell is a .NET application).

Regards,

-Angel

0 Kudos
ranjitcool
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks for the quick replies. Well I am terrible at asp, wellbecause i never bothered to look at it.

It sucks that vmware chose powershell instead of open source php or perl for cli stuff.

RJ

Please award points if you find my answers helpful Thanks RJ Visit www.rjapproves.com
0 Kudos
Josh26
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

RJ wrote:

perl for cli stuff.

RJ

The rCLI is all Perl based. It is worth looking at what you can do there, though I agree it is quite limited next to PowerCLI.

I do agree that I would personally be quite uninterested in Powershell as a development platform.

0 Kudos