VMware Cloud Community
vmsf
Contributor
Contributor

how to get detailed esx host info?

Hi,

Is there a script available to find the following information reg. an esx host:

TIME ZONE, ESX UUID, ESX LICENSE, USERS CONNECTED, LIST OF REGISTERED VMS, LAST 30logins, VMWARE PROCESS LIST, SERIAL NUMBER,

LOCATION, HOSTID, PKGINFO, PASSWD/SHADOW/GROUPS ENTRIES ,

Contents of following files: KRB5.CONF YP.CONF NSCD.CONF

SYSLOG.CONF/INITTAB/SERVICES NETSTAT-NR output.

Thx,

-vmsf

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
harkamal
Expert
Expert

Looks like you need professional help...or have you made some initial efforts and seek further help from the forum ?

0 Kudos
vmsf
Contributor
Contributor

I can get a lot of information using PowerGui (just started learning PowerShell ) but not of all it - example the 30 logins or the contents of the files.

I also want to run it as a scheduled task (where PowerGui does not really work) so a PowerShell script will really help.

0 Kudos
cody_bunch
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Everything in PowerGUI however, has some PowerShell code on the backend that can be viewed. This would work well for some copy/paste into a script. As far as logins, and contents of files, I'm not sure you can get this directly from PowerShell (but I'm sure LucD will tell me otherwise).

-Cody Bunch

vExpert, VCP VI3

-Cody Bunch http://professionalvmware.com
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

The ESX information you're after can't be obtained directly with the VITK.

The alternative is to set up a session with plink to the COS and get the information from there (provided it is available).

Some examples can be found in , and .

But note that the use of plink requires you to set up sudo on the COS.

Coming back to your question, if you can get the information at the console, you can get it with PowerShell via the use of the plink utility.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos