PA3CRZ
Contributor
Contributor

get-tagassignment error after vcenter upgrade

We have two datacenters and thus two vCenter environments. Recently one DC received an update from vCenter 7.0.1 to 7.0.2. The other one is still on 7.0.1.
On the upgraded environment the get-tagassignment and get-tag commands now error out :

get-vm alani001|get-tagassignment

Get-TagAssignment: 3/23/2021 1:13:50 PM Get-TagAssignment               com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.operation_not_found {'messages': [com.vmware.vapi.std.localizable_message {'id': vapi.method.input.invalid.interface, 'default_message': Cannot find service 'com.vmware.cis.data.svc.resource_model'., 'args': [com.vmware.cis.data.svc.resource_model], 'params': , 'localized':}], 'data': , 'error_type': OPERATION_NOT_FOUND}

Is this a known issue, and if so, what can we do to resolve this, please ?

Before I forget, I tried this on both PowerCLI on Windows (v. 6.5.1) and Linux (v. 12.0). Both go wrong....

0 Kudos
20 Replies
curtisy
Contributor
Contributor

I too ran into the same issue as the OP, running an almost identical one-liner. Googled the error and found this thread. 

Updated to the latest supported version of PowerCLI for our environment (12.7) and it's resolved this error for me.

Thanks, all.

0 Kudos