PA3CRZ
Contributor
Contributor

get-tagassignment error after vcenter upgrade

We have two datacenters and thus two vCenter environments. Recently one DC received an update from vCenter 7.0.1 to 7.0.2. The other one is still on 7.0.1.
On the upgraded environment the get-tagassignment and get-tag commands now error out :

get-vm alani001|get-tagassignment

Get-TagAssignment: 3/23/2021 1:13:50 PM Get-TagAssignment               com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.operation_not_found {'messages': [com.vmware.vapi.std.localizable_message {'id': vapi.method.input.invalid.interface, 'default_message': Cannot find service 'com.vmware.cis.data.svc.resource_model'., 'args': [com.vmware.cis.data.svc.resource_model], 'params': , 'localized':}], 'data': , 'error_type': OPERATION_NOT_FOUND}

Is this a known issue, and if so, what can we do to resolve this, please ?

Before I forget, I tried this on both PowerCLI on Windows (v. 6.5.1) and Linux (v. 12.0). Both go wrong....

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Is your environment and vCenter configured in En-US or a local language?
PowerCLI 6.5.1?
That is a very old version, I suggest you upgrade that version.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Does the error return after you stop your PowerShell/PowerCLI session and start it again?

0 Kudos
PA3CRZ
Contributor
Contributor

Already asked our Wintel guys to hurry up and upgrade PowerCLI asap......🙄

But..the error also occurs when I do the same on Linux in Powershell Core and PowerCLI 12.0.0

vCenter is configured EN-US.

And yes, after starting a fresh powershell session and reissuing the command get-vm alani001 | get-tagassignment, I do get the right output, but only in Linux, NOT in Windows...

I'm curious why you asked that question, and more curious to the solution it leads to...

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

There have been cases reported when a PS/PowerCLI got corrupted, and a restart helped.

I'm afraid I have no solution, I would advise opening an SR.

0 Kudos
degvm
Contributor
Contributor

We ran into same issue after VSCA 7.0.2 upgrade, we are going to open SR.

PS W:\> get-tagassignment
get-tagassignment : 4/8/2021 10:13:23 AM Get-TagAssignment com.vmware.vapi.std.errors.operation_not_found {'messages': [com.vmware.vapi.std.localizable_message {'id':
vapi.method.input.invalid.interface, 'default_message': Cannot find service 'com.vmware.cis.data.svc.resource_model'., 'args': [com.vmware.cis.data.svc.resource_model], 'params': ,
'localized':}], 'data': , 'error_type': OPERATION_NOT_FOUND}
At line:1 char:1
+ get-tagassignment
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-TagAssignment], CisException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Impl.V1.Service.Tagging.Cis.TaggingServiceCisImpl.GetTagAssignment.Error,VMware.VimAutomation.ViCore.Cmdlets.Commands.Tagging.GetT
agAssignment

0 Kudos