VMware Cloud Community
dhanu2k7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

get-cluster

recently I have installed latest poweCLI module, when i issue get-cluster against vcenter 4.5 and 5.1 it says not supported for get-cluster, is there any way to solve the issue without downgrade?

get-cluster : 7/23/2020 1:41:48 PM    Get-Cluster Tagging functionality is supported only on vCenter Server 5.1 and newer. The specified server
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dhanu2k7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

finally i have uninstall all modules, as 12.0 creates issue and not working with 5.0 earlier version, after lot of time in research installed one by one by seeing compitablity in pS gallery  with 11.0 and it working fine for both my vm core and vrops modules ( never install without seeing compitability and depedency this will never bring you older version 11.0  )

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

HI,

This cmdlet retrieves the clusters available on a vCenter Server system

VMware vSphere 5.1

Syntax

Get-Cluster [-VM <VirtualMachine[]>] [-VMHost <VMHost[]>] [-Location <VIContainer[]>] [[-Name] <String[]>] [-NoRecursion] [-Server <VIServer[]>] [<CommonParameters>]

Get-Cluster -Id <String[]> [-Server <VIServer[]>] [<CommonParameters>]

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

...but vcenter 4.5 not exist:

Build numbers and versions of VMware vCenter Server

VMware Knowledge Base

pastedImage_1.png

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Are you trying to use the Tag parameter on the Get-Cluster cmdlet?

Tags are not supported on such old vSphere versions.

Downgrading PowerCLI will not help, this is vSphere functionality that does not exist in those old versions

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
dhanu2k7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

i am not tagging or adding any parameter i am issung plain command get-cluster but it sasys tagging operation supported 5.1 and newer version

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Then you will have to downgrade your PowerCLI version

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
dhanu2k7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

finally i have uninstall all modules, as 12.0 creates issue and not working with 5.0 earlier version, after lot of time in research installed one by one by seeing compitablity in pS gallery  with 11.0 and it working fine for both my vm core and vrops modules ( never install without seeing compitability and depedency this will never bring you older version 11.0  )

0 Kudos