VMware Cloud Community
jvm2016
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

empty inventory _vcenter 6.0

Hi Luc,

Good morning ,

Just thought of asking if could sugest on following issue .

we have vcenter appliance which we are able to connect with powercli   but  no inventory if we login using webclient.

not purely powercli issue but i thought if yu have seen such issue and can suggest something.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Indeed, not really a PowerCLI issue, but did you check the Role which the user with which you connect has?
When you use the same account in PowerCLI to do the Connect-VIServer, do you get the inventory?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
jvm2016
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Iam using administrator@vsphere.local and I don’t think this Account is deprived of permissions.

with powercli I am able to connect vcenter and can perform all operations.i am using same account with powercli.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

This empty inventory in the Web Client can apparently have many causes.

Is the time in sync between the station where you start the Web Client and the VCSA?

Did you already try with another account that you also gave the Administrator role?
Did you check the logs on the VCSA for any clues?

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
jvm2016
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks for your reply .we are using the same ntp server on jump box which is configured for vcsa and esxi.

right now identity source is not configured so we are using administrator@vsphere.local

case is open with VMware and they are analysing logs .

however dns records are not configured and iam checking if that can be possible cause.

0 Kudos