VMware Cloud Community
skeeter395
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

emc backup and recovery

Hello All,

I'm sure my vmware inexperience will shine through here, but I am trying to get a report of VM's that are backed up by my Networker backup server. In Vsphere I have the emc backup and recovery plugin working and I can navigate to it and view all of my servers that are backed up. I am trying to get the same information via PowerCli. If anyone knows the cmdlet or a property I should be looking for I would love a pointer.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Although not really a PowerCLI question, there are a couple of possible solutions.

There is this sample script, see NetWorker Daily Status Report, that calls the gstclreport.bat to produce a report.

Another option is to look at the events (with Get-VIEvent) the backups create.
All these tasks and events start with "EBR:", see page 259 in the Dell EMC NetWorker - VMware Integration Guide

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Although not really a PowerCLI question, there are a couple of possible solutions.

There is this sample script, see NetWorker Daily Status Report, that calls the gstclreport.bat to produce a report.

Another option is to look at the events (with Get-VIEvent) the backups create.
All these tasks and events start with "EBR:", see page 259 in the Dell EMC NetWorker - VMware Integration Guide

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
skeeter395
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I will head down this path and see what one of these will work for me.

Thanks for the info,

Scott

0 Kudos