VMware Cloud Community
AnonAdmin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

does Set-DRSclusterGroup overwrite existing vm group?

I'm running a script every hour to update the group of VM's based on their storage location and recently discovered the 'Set-DRSclusterGroup' cmdlet - which is cool since this one-liner seems to replace a separate older module that I was using for this task. However, at first glance, it doesn't appear that this cmdlet overwrites the existing list of VM's in the DRS group - is this accurate?

If so, I'll have to update my script to initially remove the full list of VM's in the DRS group each run time and then re-populate it this my storage logic.

Thanks for any confirmation on this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The help page for the Set-DrsClusterGroup cmdlet states "This cmdlet adds or removes either virtual machines or VM hosts to or from the specified DRS cluster group".
So you would first have to remove all the current VMs in the group and then add the new ones.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The help page for the Set-DrsClusterGroup cmdlet states "This cmdlet adds or removes either virtual machines or VM hosts to or from the specified DRS cluster group".
So you would first have to remove all the current VMs in the group and then add the new ones.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference