Automation

View Only
  • 1.  adding server to domain using invoke-vmscript

Posted Jul 23, 2020 05:57 AM

i am trying to add servers to the domain, but with no luck,  i tried to concatenate the  command and still no luck

i appreciate your input on where i am going wrong

$vmname="testdomain.xyz.com"

$Localcred     =  Get-Content C:\SAMIs\User\local.txt |ConvertTo-SecureString  -Key (1..32)

$dom_encrypted =  Get-Content C:\SAMIs\User\Domcred.txt |ConvertTo-SecureString -Key (1..32) 

$DomCred       =  New-Object System.Management.Automation.PsCredential -ArgumentList 'user@xyz.com', $dom_encrypted

$Lcredentials  =  New-Object System.Management.Automation.PsCredential -ArgumentList 'localadmin', $Localcred

$x= 'Add-computer -domainname $domain -credential $DomCred  -computername $vmname -localcredential  $Lcredentials -restart -Verbose'

$domain  = "XXXXXXX"

write-host "$x" -Verbose

$addtodomain  = @'

$x

'@

Invoke-VMScript -VM $vmname  -ScriptText $addtodomain -GuestUser $Lcredentials.UserName  -GuestPassword $Lcredentials.Password  -Verbose

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ScriptOutput

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE: adding server to domain using invoke-vmscript
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 23, 2020 06:12 AM

This is again a string substitution issue.

You are creating objects (PSCredential) on the local machine, which you then refer to in the code executed in the VM.

That will not work.

A better way would be to calculate those objects inside the VM.

That way you only have to pass/substitute strings in the code.