VMware Cloud Community
mvelezwhiteFFI
Contributor
Contributor

Where can I find VIToolkit

A few weeks ago, I came across a blog post mentioning some tools that came with a package called VIToolkit.  I have tried multiple times and multiple searches (ad nauseum) to find it.  So far, all I've got is a bunch of '404' errors and approaching a major headache.  I've heard that it's a pretty awesome package.  Can someone please provide me with a valid, current link so that I can access it?

TAA (Thanks as always),

Miguel

3 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

In the dustbin of history :smileymischief:

Seriously, the VI Toolkit was the original name for what is now called PowerCLI.

You can find everything on PowerCLI on the VMWARE {code} page.

Update: there was also something that was called the VI Toolkit for Windows Community Extensions.

Are you perhaps looking for that?

But be aware that hasn't been maintained for a long time.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

miguelvelezwhit
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I found that, but didn't  have much luck getting it installed properly.  Someone should probably go in and finally make a module of it if possible.  Heck, I might even give it a try.  Between you, the community in general, and these books, I'm starting to feel comfortable with some of the harder stuff.  However, I can't declare any victories until fall when I go to class for 6.5.  Hopefully, then I will have amassed a great deal and perhaps it will even become second nature; as it obviously seems to be with you *LOL*.  How do you keep all that knowledge in?  You're amazing.

TAA,

Miguel

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Thanks, Google is my friend I assume :smileygrin:

The Community Extension hasn't been touched for a long time.
Part of the functionality in there, is now available natively in PowerCLI.

There are also a bunch of useful scripts/functions on the PowerCLI Community Repository

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos