VMware Cloud Community
Nandeesh_Gunaki
Contributor
Contributor

What is Best Approach to upgrade VMware View Agent and VMware Tools

We have around 2500 VDIs in our environment. We recently upgraded to VMware Horizon View 6.2 from VMware Horizon View 5.3.4 and also upgraded underlining infrastructure from vSphere 5.1 to vSphere 6.0. We are in the process of upgrading Vmware Tools and View Agent. What is best approach to perform the activity

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jpsider
Expert
Expert

I'm not sure on the view client. However vmtools requires a reboot. So sadly its not going to be something that can be done behind the scenes.

What are your requirements for outage time? and how quickly would you like this to be completed?

0 Kudos
Nandeesh_Gunaki
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for replying.

We are using SCCM to push the packages created to install VMware View Agent 6.2 as well as VMware Tools 10.0.0.6.

It will push the package for VMware View Agent which upgrades the existing View agent from 5.3.2 to 6.2 version, then SCCM will push VMware Tools which upgrades the Tools. We would like to follow this. However I am testing above mentioned procedure, post upgrades View agent is unreachable to Connection broker due to this User is unable to connect their VDIs.

Please correct me if i am following the recommended method to upgrade View agent and VMware Tools

0 Kudos