VMware Cloud Community
toms3399
Contributor
Contributor

Weekly email reporting Snapshots within Vcenter

We currently have a Windows Vcenter server and we are upgrading to the VCSA appliance.

We have an old PowerShell script that runs every week to send and email report on snapshots.

Has anyone had a similar situation or know of a PowerShell script that can be run on the VCSA?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@toms3399 

Moderator: Moved to PowerCLI Discussions.

You are not the first person to have this requirement, I recommend searching this area of VMTN.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Since, in theory, you can install PowerShell on the VCSA, you could run PowerCLI scripts on the VCSA.
But I strongly advise against that!!!

You should treat your VCSA as a black-box, and changes you make will most probably void your support.

You can run PowerCLI scripts on any server, as long as they can connect to the VCSA.

I would advise using a dedicated server (Windows or Linux), or even a container, to run your scripts.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Please check http://www.virtu-al.net/vcheck-pluginsheaders/vcheck/

It has a lot of modules and one of them is for snapshots.

0 Kudos
toms3399
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

0 Kudos
toms3399
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

I quickly review the site, and you have some interesting items.  Going to check it out.

0 Kudos