VMware Cloud Community
TacoSauce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Warnings when I use the cmdlet New-VIPermission...?

I use PowerCLI to set permissions on Windows vm's in our environment. I've found the "New-VIPermission" cmdlet, but when I use this cmdlet I get some warnings.

When a run this code:

PowerCLI.png

I get these warnings:

WARNING: Parameter 'Entity' is obsolete. This parameter no longer accepts multiple values.

WARNING: Parameter 'Principal' is obsolete. This parameter no longer accepts multiple values.

I use a cmdlet which is documented in the VMware vSphere 6.0 Documentation Center, so what's the issue?

With regards,

Wouter

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, not as long as you are not using the parameter in the described setup, i.e. passing multiple values on the Entity and/or Principal parameter.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

These warnings come with the cmdlet, there is no check if you are actually using the parameters in the reported setup.

You can disable these alerts via the Set-PowerCLIConfiguration cmdlet with the DisplayDeprecationWarnings switch.

TacoSauce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Luc,

Thanks for your reply, sorry but I don't understand your answer.

I thought that when you get a Depreciation Warning, other means of accomplishing the task are preferred?

So is there another cmdlet for applying permissions or in other words what's wrong with my script?

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

No, not as long as you are not using the parameter in the described setup, i.e. passing multiple values on the Entity and/or Principal parameter.

TacoSauce
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thnx! Now I understand your answer!

0 Kudos