VMware Cloud Community
koolpavan007
Contributor
Contributor

VSphere PowerCLI and VMware Site Recovery Manager 4.1.2

How to convert a VSphere PowerCLI script as batch file to execute by VMware Site recovery manager recovery plan. Please find the attached word document for the error details when I plugged with SRM recovery plan as a command to exectue

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Have a look at PowerCLI and SRM - what you need to know!

You will have to execute PowerShell and pass the script as a parameter.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

Before I forget, remember that SRM will run the PowerCLI scripts in 32-bit mode.

That means you have to use the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 path on a 64-bit machine !

0 Kudos
koolpavan007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lucd,

what should be the full path I should mention

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

That should be

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -file g:\scripts\listofvms.ps1

0 Kudos
koolpavan007
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lucd,

getting below error:-

Error: User designed callout 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -file C:\Vaseline\vase.ps1 ' has returned a non-zero value: -,196,608.

Please find the attached screen shot for details.

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

The PowerCLI script seems to exit with a funny exit code (that's the 196,608 number you see).

Are you sure the script is running correctly ?

Did you test it with the account under which it runs in SRM ?

You could also try adding the consolefile on the PowerShell command.

Something like

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -psc "C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\vSphere PowerCLI\vim.psc1" -file C:\Vaseline\vase.ps1

0 Kudos
koolpavan007
Contributor
Contributor

This is the below PowerCLI script:-

Connect-VIServer 10.0.0.1

foreach($nic in (Get-Cluster -Name VASE | Get-VM -Name Vase*| Get-NetworkAdapter)){
    switch -regex ($nic.Name){
    '.+[1|2|3]'{Set-NetworkAdapter -NetworkAdapter $nic -Connected:$false -StartConnected:$false -Confirm:$false}
    '.+[4|5|6]'{Set-NetworkAdapter -NetworkAdapter $nic -Connected:$true -StartConnected:$true -Confirm:$false}
    }
}

Disconnect-VIServer 10.0.01 -Confirm:$false

If I manually login to the VSphere PowerCLi and run the script it will work fine. Could you please check how can I fit this in the recovery plan in the VMware SRM 4.1.2 this is very important to me.

0 Kudos