VMware Cloud Community
Flapoly
Contributor
Contributor

VMware.VumAutomation.Format.ps1xml is not signed

Hi all,

-We are using Powershell with the execution policy set to AllSigned. this is mandatory setting requested by our corporate security and we can not go against that.

-When we load the UpdateManager snapin Add-PSSnapin "VMware.VumAutomation" powershell report an error as the file "C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VIToolkitForWindows\VMware.VumAutomation.Format.ps1xml" can not be trusted.

I have notice this file is not signed by VMware (while the VMware.VimAutomation.Format.ps1xml is!!!)

-So please can VMware provide an updated version of this file with a signature ?

Thks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
halr9000
Commander
Commander

-We are using Powershell with the execution policy set to AllSigned. this is mandatory setting requested by our corporate security and we can not go against that.

Wow, that is interesting, I had not expected to see that in use on all systems. Servers maybe, but not workstations. I'd be interested to hear more about this (for the podcast) if you want to contact me on the side.

-When we load the UpdateManager snapin Add-PSSnapin "VMware.VumAutomation" powershell report an error as the file "C:\Program Files\VMware\Infrastructure\VIToolkitForWindows\VMware.VumAutomation.Format.ps1xml" can not be trusted.

I have notice this file is not signed by VMware (while the VMware.VimAutomation.Format.ps1xml is!!!)

Obviously, VMware needs to sign the VUM type format file and I'm sure they'll take care of that promptly. In the meantime, there's no reason you can't sign it yourself. If you need help doing that, just ask.

Author of the upcoming book: Managing VMware Infrastructure with PowerShell

Co-Host, PowerScripting Podcast (http://powerscripting.net)

My signature used to be pretty, but then the forum software broked it. vExpert. Microsoft MVP (Windows PowerShell). Author, Podcaster, Speaker. I'm @halr9000
0 Kudos
halr9000
Commander
Commander

Replying to myself... I was just notified that the VIM and VUM guys are working this issue.

Author of the upcoming book: Managing VMware Infrastructure with PowerShell

Co-Host, PowerScripting Podcast (http://powerscripting.net)

My signature used to be pretty, but then the forum software broked it. vExpert. Microsoft MVP (Windows PowerShell). Author, Podcaster, Speaker. I'm @halr9000
0 Kudos