VMware Cloud Community
larstr
Champion
Champion

VMware View: Adding a linked clone pool

Hi,

I'm trying to add a linked clone pool by using the following command:

Add-AutomaticLinkedClonePool -pool_id  POOL01 -displayName  "Pool Test" -powerPolicy  RemainOn -vc_id  90eb4bc2-962d-46cd-9458-b8372b59d24c -parentVMPath "/FOLDER01/vm/Parent01" -parentSnapshotPath "/Base image/AB01"  -datastoreSpecs "[Conservative,OS,data]/FOLDER01/host/FOLDER01/VDI_ABC_Dsk_NFS;[Conservative,replica]/FOLDER01/host/FOLDER01/VDI_ABCD_Rep_NFS" -composer_ad_id 0133718e-82a6-480e-8175-7427653f99ad -postSyncScript "C:\Script\Custom.cmd" -organizationalUnit "OU=VDI,OU=ABC,OU=ABCD" -minprovisioneddesktops 0 -SuspendProvisioningOnError $true -deletePolicy DeleteOnUse -headroomCount  15 -maximumCount 15 -minimumCount 15 -resourcePoolPath "/FOLDERDCP01/host/FOLDER01/Resources" -vmFolderPath "/FOLDER01/vm/ABC02T" -namePrefix "ABCVDI01T{n:fixed=3}" -persistence  NonPersistent -autoLogoffTime 240 -defaultProtocol PCOIP -allowProtocolOverride  $false -flashQuality "LOW" -flashThrottling DISABLED -NetworkLabelConfigFile "C:/Users/abcde/Documents/ps/networklabel.txt" -dataDiskLetter "Z" -dataDiskSize 4096

This is not working very well as I'm getting the following error message:

Add-AutomaticLinkedClonePool : PowershellService::AddAutomaticLinkedClonePool FAILED, error=dataDiskLetter cannot be specified when user data disks are disabled.

If I however to not specify the parameters dataDiskLetter and dataDiskSize the pool is created fine and I'm able to manually set these settings on the pool.

I'm also unable to locate any parameters where I'm disabling user data disks as the error message states.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Horizon View 5.2.

Lars

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Datto
Expert
Expert

Just a wild guess -- If you have VMware Persona Management engaged there may not be the capability to create a separate data disk for the VM via the PowerCLI method. I have Persona Management engaged and my PowerCLI scripts into Horizon View 5.2 won't let me create a separate data disk either but the desktops have the choice show up in the Admin GUI as I remember.

Datto

0 Kudos
larstr
Champion
Champion

Persona Management is not in use.

0 Kudos